Photoshop is called Photoshop for a reason… it is an excellent tool for editing photos. If a designer is preparing a digital or scanned photograph for use in a project, whether it be a website, brochure, book design or packaging, the first step is often to bring it into Photoshop. Using a variety of tools within the software, a designer can:
- Crop photos
- Resize photos
- Adjust and correct colors
- Touch-up photos, such as “erasing” a blemish or removing a tear or fold
- Apply a large selection of filters such as “watercolor” for special effects and styles
- Optimize photos for the web by choosing file formats and reducing file size
- Save photos in a variety of formats for use in print projects
- Use their creativity to perform countless tasks
Your First Rendezvous With Photoshop
Layers, Got to Love Them
Pixels, Image Size and Resolution
In this tutorial, we will explain the theory behind how pixel images work. We will also explain a bit about the crop tool, image size and resolution.
Crop Until You Drop
In this tutorial, we will share some great tips explaining how to use the Crop Tool in Photoshop.